Friday, 27 February 2015

UK Talent

Being from England, I often feel I should sometimes wave the Union Jack Flag for some of my other fellow artists and hobbyists in the UK. So, I thought I would do a post on one of the many talented people we are lucky enough to have here. The hobby in the UK isn't any where near on the scale as the US, but it is rapidly growing. So much so that our main Championship show BMECs, has had to be split in to a 2 day event this year! This is great news for the UK hobby and I really do hope it continues to grow.

At BMECs we have a British Artist Award, which is given out every year. This year it was awarded to Anne Healion ( I will find out details on the horse). The horse goes through the same showing process only in Workmanship, but then gets put forward to represent the artists at the championship show.


Photo belongs to Nicki Collins and is used with her permission.


Anne is a very good friend of mine and has painted a few horses for me, one of which is my Chestnut Depeche (seen in below post) who I love! Anne paints mainly minis, with the odd traditional ect, in soft pastels and then uses Acrylics for the details. I thought I would show a few of her pieces below, but will also give you the link to here facebook page HERE







These are a few of her most recent work & I love them all! Congrats on your Award Anne....totally deserved! For those of you who think you might like a piece painted by Anne, then please drop her a message via FB. All the above horses are sold.





4 comments:

  1. I was just wondering if you knew how to do manes and tails when customizing in pastels? This would really help! Thanks and I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually paint in pastels myself so I have no idea, but I guess it would be the same process as applying the body colour, layering. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I'm British so this post is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am into making tack as we'll, although it is not nearly as good as yours, but I have been struggling to find a uk based leather and hardware supplier( stirrups) I love your blog and thought that maybe you could help me out;)?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.