Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Dashing Darcy

So, I spent yesterday evening playing around with my Korsar's harness that he won at BMECs in last season as I planned to use it on my Ricardo resin this year, but while it was off I wondered out of curiosity whether it would fit Darcy? Hmmmm.....

Off the shelf she came and on went the harness! I dropped 1 hole in each cheek piece and surprisingly it fit really well. The only thing I did have an issue with was the breaching as Darcy's tail is down and fixed but I soon got around that after some research and enquiring via the British Carriage Driving Association who were extremely helpful.She will now have False Breaching instead which attaches to the carts shafts.Of course me being me had to then tweak the harness some more to add a little something to it and some how Darcy ended up with her own collar too.....I knew all the hames I bought a year ago would come in handy!

One posh Miss Darcy ready to go out in March in my traditional Dog Cart doing UK Private driving....





10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but reins could be black like the rest of the set ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Driving reins are always brown ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely in love with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the harness set I was wondering if you received my email i sent to you a few days ago. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, no I haven't but I will go and check my spam box incase it was filtered out :)

      Delete
  4. It's sooooooooooo beautiful! What scale is it, please?
    Thanks

    Patrick in Thailand
    welcome to my blog about 1/12 miniatures
    http://ajarnpatrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patrick :)

      The harness is 1:9 scale but I have also done 1:12 as well.

      Delete
  5. Hi would you happen to make schleich tack? If so that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.