Monday, 19 January 2015

Personal Live Show Challenge

I haven't posted for quite a while so I thought I had better do a post. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I can't believe we are well in to 2015 already...eek!

Here in the UK the showing season will start again next month and its all very exciting! I can't believe how much I have missed showing and seeing everyone again. Its going to be great to catch up with everyone in person.

This season I have signed up for 9 live shows! Living on an island and having to catch a ferry to the mainland every time is quite a challenging, not to mention expensive so 9 is a lot. I have already started to plan out my show string for performance and I have been trying to think how to set myself a little challenge of my own. Now at the moment my Ullieam has to be my favourite horse out of my herd, i think its because he is going to be something different in the performance ring. The more I dug about Clydesdales the more I discovered he could do....hmmmm? I wonder how many disciplines I could have him doing over the course of the showing season?

Having researched I can do lots! no longer will he be a standard harness horse! Nope! this boy is going to be fun, so much so that his first outing is going to be in Cross Country! yay! My first show will be Southern Round Up 6 so he will make his debut there, I have already kitted him out and made him a fab jump.....you can't see the set up until its in the ring, I want to keep some surprise but here he is with his rider, don't they make an awesome team!



Some of you may know but Clydesdales originate from Lanarkshire in Scotland. Clydesdale was the old name for Lanarkshire hence the Clydesdale Horse. With this in mind I have called him Lanark, it seemed fitting to me and it suits him. :)

My Challenge to myself is now to see how many disciplines I can enter him in to over the showing season, it will be interesting to see how he gets on and which one is your favourite. :)



8 comments:

  1. That is awesome! He is such a cool horse. I have a mini Cromwell that I am working on making into a performance friendly Shire. I hope to show him in many a performance class too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. how exciting! I'd love to know how you get on with your little boy too :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Cristina! I was wondering if you could provide me with your email address. I have a request to make regarding the use of some of your blog content for a school project (your tack is absolutely beautiful, by the way!). I believe if you click on my name you can find my email address there. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)

      I can't see your email addy but your most welcome to email me direct here - crst644@hotmail.com ;)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE performance friendly drafts! I know he isn't the most perf. friendly, but I've been working hard to use the new Wintersong/Othello in as many classes as I can. Drafts, Fjords and TBs have to be my favorite. Lol, I need to stop making all of my customs TB X Fjord or TB X Draft crosses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great Devon. There is always a way with the not so performance friendly ponies, I'm sure he will be fun to think of new things to do with! :D

      Delete
  4. I hope you will have time to take pictures of the setups at the show. Love your work and hope to see some of it in person one day. Good luck at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will make sure I take plenty of pics, it's normally halter I forget, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.