Thursday, 9 October 2014

BMECS Championship Show 2014


On Saturday 4th October it was BMECS 2014 (British Model Equine Championship Show), this was my first year attending and although I only had a small show string it was very exciting!
Jaime and I travelled up the day before, which was a nightmare due to road works. What should have been a 2.30hr journey, ended up as 5hrs stuck in traffic! urghh! we then went straight to the train station to pick up another friend and headed to our hotel, shattered.

We arrived just as the doors were opening and found our allocated tables. Fortunately I had been placed with friends who I think might have wished I wasn't so near by, I managed to fill their tables with my stuff as I began to run out of room, Eek!





Anything at the front of the tables with a rider on is mine, apart from the half passing grey at the end....oops!

The hall filled up fast and before I knew it the showing had started. Luckily for me the workmanship classes were 1st in the performance ring, so I had extra time (and help) to set up my entries.

Prepare for some photo spam. I started off taking photo's of the performance but then things got a little busy and i just didn't have the time. These are what I did managed to take. :)




















My performance entries all did very well. I only had 4 as I had to pull one at the last minute due to forgetting her belly rod. they all placed first and went in to the performance Championship!

I took Perfomance Champion with Razzle!







Reserve Champion with Misty!



Reserve to Reserve Champion with Scooby!



And my chestnut half passer won a Top 10 Rosette! I also got another Top 10 rosette with my tiny OF Zebra too.



All in all, a VERY good show! :D


A huge thank you to Lynne for helping me with my set ups (and Dave for carrying things for me!), and also to Glenys and Jaime, for puting up with me for the whole trip and show. The BMECS team were fantastic! The show ran on late and we had to leave before the end so I missed the resin Championship, however, it all ran smoothly and everyone had a great time. Roll on 2015! I can't wait to go again next year!

Photo credits to Jaime Hall & Liz Hibberd.

I'll leave you with some other photo's I took....







Oh!! and the giant pony who got a 3rd!! LOL :)








2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Awesome performance entries and Razzle is just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Awesome job! It's no wonder your entries did so well considering how much time and effort you put into all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.