Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Back to work

Well, the championship show here in the UK is over. It was a brilliant day, long, but brilliant, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I will do a blog post about it later tonight as I need to sort out photo's etc.

In the mean time I will post about my Knightly Cadence resin which I have been working on for a while now. Yesterday evening, I finally finished him! I changed his mane into braids and I gave him a shaved tail which is in keeping with our show horses here in the UK. I then painted him into a nice shaded bay, but he looked a little boring and plain, so I gave him some white which has really made him pop! A friend named him 'Krazy for Chrome' which I love and am keeping as it is KC! how fitting :)





Of course I had to tack him up, luckily Moonpie's tack fit him perfectly so I saddled him up and got his rider on board! 



I don't claim to be a painter but I do enjoy painting my own ponies, over time I have improved and learnt a lot more. I won't ever take painting commissions but it works well for me, and my horses have even been placed well at live shows. I can't ask for more than that. 



6 comments:

  1. He's lovely. You truly have many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! The green on the saddlepad really sets him off nicely, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintwork looks great! And so does your tack, you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was scrolling through your page, and when I saw this, my jaw literally dropped. This is the most beautiful model horse I have ever seen. I'm not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to admit he is one of my favorites from those I have painted myself :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.