Monday, 28 April 2014

New Forest Live Show Report - Part 1

This weekend I attended the New Forest Live 2014 show. I have been planning for this for months as it was my second performance show. I had been working on a cross country jump for ages now, it was taken from the London 2012 Olympics but the jump has now been moved to Burghley Horse Trials.

It started as this -

                   

I used Nancy to judge the scale of the jump, to small and it wouldn't have looked right once the rider was on board. 




Next I dremelled out a horse shoe groove in the front and back of the horse shoe and then painted it. 



I then added the hedging and nails to the horse shoe design, grabbed Belle and sorted out the height. I found some really nice resin flowers too which I thought would add to the over all look. 



I then created a base board for Misty to land on, finished it with trim and started to create the flower bed around the jump. Of course the lil girl just had to have a go at free jumping, lol.




This was the final result! It won 1st place in Show Jumping /XC then Performance Champion and finally Supreme Overall Champion! 

I'm thrilled with the result! A huge thank you to Sophie Lightfoot who hosted the show, all the judges and of course all the other attendees. It was a great day and I look forward to New Forest Live 2015. 

I'll post Part 2 in a while with loads of photo's of the performance entries :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is one awesome jump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the jump! I always go to the Burghley cross country day, and having seen the real thing in person, I have to say the miniature one looks fab! Congrats on your result too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! That jump took ages to build but the end result was worth it. I will have to get it along to another show soon. I have another idea for a new jump though so watch this space ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.