Monday, 24 March 2014

Lastest Show



Moonpie was finally finished last weekend just in time for my 2nd Live Show....eek! My first 2 performance entries got ditched due to a few things being held up in transit (UK customs I HATE you! grrr) so I had to come up with a Plan C literally all in a week! Moonpie ended up as my first ever performance entry and I have to say dispite the horror stories I really enjoyed it and can't wait for my next show in April. 

Here she was in the ring.....




The photo's are quite misleading as the class was fairly large and we had to add an extra table to the others, plus all the English disciplines were all in the same class which was a bit of a shame. Dolly, horse and jump all played nicely on the day and I think I had it all ready with in a few minutes.....not bad going! lol. Ok, so I did sort of have some help but not what your thinking. My jump wings have tacky glue on the bottoms of them to cement them to the board and my reins and riders hands have diddy little magnets in them (these are just awesome btw) so I kind of hand some help, no matter how much wobbling they took they all stayed put! I don't call it cheating....mearly being creative! lol.

Now that I have a breather from showing for a month I'm slowing working through a back log of emails. I apologise if I'm slow on replying and you should hear from me very soon if you have sent me something. :)

Over this weekend I also got a chance to sort out my Eberl Komet resin. I have never liked his feet, one of his front hooves was being twisted by his weight and with his base being unlevel where his foot sat. It was a deep breathe moment when i took the hack saw to his foot pegs as I had to get him off that base if possible. Thankfully it all worked out really well, I managed to repair his leg and straighten out both feet that were on the floor.

Here is is before....


And After....



I took the opportunity to go over him completely touching his paint work up here and there. I also rebuilt some of his hooves and shoed him properly with little sculpted resin shoes with toe clips. Believe it or not he is now much more stable and doesn't wobbly at all, this is a huge relief as he was rocking on his old base. He is now ready to be kitted out and have a new rider on his back.....maybe he can go hunting! ;)



5 comments:

  1. Are you selling saddle pads and woof wear boots right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The doll is actually made by Joan Yount and she makes everything on the dolls. They are just fantastic! By the looks of the spurs they are 1 complete piece of wire carefully shaped into forming the spur :)

      Delete
  3. ik heb een vraag verkoop je al deze spullen zoals een setje van springen, of zo en verkoop je ook paarden als je dat niet doet waar koop ik die paarden dan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of this is for sale sorry and the horses are both OOAK :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.