Saturday, 1 March 2014

Blue!

This is my new eventing saddle I have finally completed for Misty my Memphis Belle resin. It was inspired by Mary King's famous green seated saddle which she uses for cross country and jumping. As I have decided to have my cross country colours as combination of blues I created my saddle with this in mind. 

I wanted to show it at my next live show which is coming up in a couple of weeks time but unfortunately things have taken a twist and it looks like the doll I'm having made to go with this set just won't make it in time. Disappointing as it is it will now hopefully go to a show in April instead. I guess it gives me more time to work on the whole entry and I'm looking forward to sharing pictures of it all. :)



Here is the inspiration for designing my saddle, Mary King and her saddle! I love creating something different but also something which is acceptable within the British showing rulings. Hopefully it will give something unusual to look at when it finally hits the show ring!



5 comments:

  1. I'm a massive fan of Mary King, so naturally I absolutely love the blue seat! Big fan of your work over here! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tack is exquisite and so detailed! May I ask what type of leather you use for the flaps and skirts? It has such a beautiful sheen to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Petite calf tooling leather which once dyed is finished in a satin sheen sealer. I have to admit to a lot of buffing too :)

      Delete
  3. Are you taking orders for saddle pads?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.