Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Back in the swing of things!


After my illness recently I finally feel to be well on the mend. I'm still not 100% as my balance isn't back to normal but I was told that could take months to correct itself, ugh! I can now at least drive and start my tack work again so that's good.

Last weekend I went to my very first live show! It was touch and go whether I would make it in time as there was no way I could drive, but I managed to twist an arm for a lift and made it! Luckily it was very relaxed and easy going so I didn't have to much walking about to do which was my main worry....what if I knocked something over?!

The show was MHL Southern Counties Live run By Clare Stokes. It was halter only but I have to say I really enjoyed it and learnt loads thanks to all the other friendly UK hobbyists. I only took 6 horses as I wanted to watch how things worked before bringing along more. I may have only taken 6 gg's but they all placed! All qualified for the Southern Counties Champs and 4 for the BMECS Champs so I was very happy with their results. My main focus is on Performance but Halter was more fun than I thought it would be. I will share some piccies below of the day, these are courtesy of Catriona Harris & Jamie Louisa Hall as my camera died on me right after snapping Victrix's photo....thank you ladies! It was also great to finally meet everyone and put faces to names. :)



 





Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Hazel and Komet but they both placed 3rd in their classes. Lavendel won 2nd.

My next show is coming up really fast so I'm busy preparing for that one which is a performance and halter show. I have been working very hard on my entries but I won't share pictures just yet.....I'll post some after the show to keep them secret, lol.

Lastly, this Jumping/XC saddle has been posted to MH$P for offers until Saturday. Its a gorgeous Black & Aussie Nut Brown colour with silver hardware. All info is over on the MH$P site. :)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.