Friday, 22 November 2013

Dressage with a bit of bling!


This is Gea's new dressage set for her Lohengrin Resin which I have managed to model on my very similar sized Obrigado. The only real difference between them is Lohengrin is a few cm's bigger on the girth which I have hidden on the other side just so I can get the pictures.

The saddle was build on my new XL saddle tree that I managed to cast along with the classic mentioned in my last post. I did think it would take some fiddling to get right but I have to say I'm very please with it as it is and don't for see that much tweaking.Thank goodness!

For the bridle I tried out a new noseband method since I was working on a larger scale than normal.....


Here's a close up.....


I just love how its come out, it really looks like the gorgeous chunky raised & padded nosebands that are so popular in the dressage arenas at the moment, the detail is just so nice in hand and up close. I really did consider making it patient but I think I shall do that for one of my own sets later on.

Each little buckle keeper is carefully handmade from real brass. These were fiddly little suckers to make but they really finish of the bridle with gold hardware. I have been toying with the idea of a chrome version?....hmmm. Maybe again on my own set.

The Obrigado in the pic is mine and I'm still working on prepping him, hence all the little grey apoxie bits on him and new shoes. I have to say he might be a big stumpy legged fellow but I absolutely LOVE this horse, his face just sucks you in! I think its such a shame he isn't more geared towards dressage as he certainly suits the tack but then again I have another excuse to get on and make some Spanish things for him! yay!

I think this set will change again when its put on a painted horse as they are never the same on blank resins. Hopefully i can nudge Gea into sending me some piccies....*hint hint* lol.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to reopen your order book. I plan on getting a few things once you reopen. I love your work, it's amazing! You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very nice thing to say, Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. How much do you sell your saddles and bridles for?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.