Thursday, 1 August 2013

New Pony!

August already? Tisk! Where does time go!

Remember I mentioned waiting in for a delivery in my last post? Wellll.....it came!!



What seems like ages and ages ago I agreed a purchase on this Eberl Komet from the US, when he was paid for he headed over to a very kind friend who then sent him on to me here in the UK. I know, shipping to here can be a complete pain huh. Anyway, after much chasing with my postal service I finally got my hands on him today!!

He does have a couple of 'issues' sadly but they shouldn't be to hard to fix. I think he could also do with some extra sealer as his paint seems a little weak and I'd hate to lose them lovely dapples especially as I want him in tack.

All in all I'm happy with him as he is eye catching. Being a tack maker I just had to nab some random saddlery that I had on my work desk and tack him up (sorry stace, nabbed yer saddle! lol).....just to see what he would look like. Here is the result...


He looks awesome! Tack really does change a horse!

Excuse the doll too, I made here up from breyer clothing and tweaked a few things here and there. She is just to put on horses for photo's really.

What bridle is that I can hear you asking and yes, he should have a proper dressage bridle on but its all that I have here. The bridle is a proto type of my bitless bridle only with bit...haha! Just noticed the lower noseband strap should be in front of the bit not behind, oops! Teach me to spend so long fiddling with dollies darn reins! .Everything works on it so it is fully adjustable and has separate reins for when the bit is removed.

Komet is now number 3 of my Eberl resin horses, I do have another on order direct from Brigitte but I will reveal him once he is here. My plan is to collect more of her warmblood resins as they are my favourites plus its extremely handy that Brigitte is in Germany too.... cheaper postage fees and no customs charges!!!! Hooray! :)




3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with Brigitte being one of my favorite sculptors, especially when it comes to warmbloods. My personal favorite is Valentino :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentino too.....I have Jen Scott's Depeche who is very similar horse. One day I might get my hands on a Valentino to join him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy dapples on him :) And he looks really nice under saddle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.