Wednesday, 6 March 2013

From the start....

I was just clearing through some things on this computer and remembered mentioning my very first saddle I ever made, after having a click through a few files I found it!


I made this way back in 2009. Its actually not a bad little saddle.  If I go back to when I was a child, I can remember being told off for using my grandad soldering wire as horse bits for my Sindy horses, I used to make it into little pelhams as they were more realistic than that horrid plastic bridle they came with. So the tack making goes way back, it was just laying dormant for 20 odd years, lol.

Somethings haven't changed, I still use the same hardware and a very similar template for certain saddles. I even still use that Stud girth template which I guess I have never had reason to change...it probably just has a lot more detailing now.

Anyway in 4 years I have gone from my first saddle above to the most recent saddle here -



I wonder what I will be posting pictures of in years to come? :)


6 comments:

  1. Your tack is simply magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

    ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. *stutters*

    That's your...first saddle?! O____O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Last Alliance Studios...WOW! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I wish I could make tack like that, I wish I could afford tack like that keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly have a gift for making tack.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.