Over the last month or so I have been experimenting with some custom work of my own, this has turned out ok so far so I thought I'd push myself a little bit more and take on a drastic custom for myself. The mould I have used is a Breyer Diamond O'leary (or Cleveland Bay/Journeyman as it is better known as). This guy has been a real time muncher but I have found him enjoyable to work on when I have had a little free time.
Finally after what seems like months & months he is stepping into some of his final coats of white primer and is starting to look like a much prettier boy for it....
Now I don't claim at all to be brilliant at customising and I still have a long way to go on the learning path but I don't think he has turned out so bad for my first ever drastic? I have moved so much on him that listing it would take ages but he is now wearing a new clipped upper tail with loose lower section as seen in the UK show hunting ring, new ear's with one twitched and I have added to his face too....oh and sorted out his hooves, I have always hated them on the original mould.
This guy has today had his new braided mane & forelock added and hopefully tomorrow he will get his final coat of primer to sit in over the weekend. I should be able to get a piccy of his new look then too.
I have also recently ordered a new doll from Anne Field as a combination of Side Saddle/Driving lady, but doofus me didn't even think to maybe put this guy into Side Saddle! It took a shove from my proxy shower, lol....Thank you x! So I think this is what he will be stepping into the ring wearing, it should be quite fun to make up his tack for him as he is such a big boy!
Another little man that is currently on livery with me is a little Comet resin, he was very kindly loaned to me so I could make a tack set for someone. In return for this I offered to prep and paint the little fella....he is so cute!
I think the bain of prepping for me is darn air bubbles, this little boy had a fair few to sort out, I sat for hours filling them in but it is worth the end result. He is now ready for his new coat, his owner has decided to let me have a free rein on the colour (brave! lol) so I shall keep that a secret for now in case she gets wind of it, hee hee!
He'll also be getting some new tack too before returning home.....A nice UK pony show hunter set.